HEAVY SUPPORT

3 killa kanz - 135
grotzookas 

3 killa kanz - 135
grotzookas
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

There should be another 3 killa kanz with grotzookas I guess it got cut off when I copied and pasted the list from word.
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Mon May 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Blunt Comments: Don't read if easily offended

.You looked. I have no guilt over the following review.

The list does a couple of things good:

-Hit stuff real hard with Str 8, 9, 10 HTH attacks, if it can get to it.
-Shoot up 3 things a turn with the looter squads, until someone shoots back, or you get charged by something that outflanks.
-Kill some stuff with bad armor that clumps together in a horde. Skorcha buggies I love. I have 15 of them. They die quick. Grotzookas are not a horde killer to count on. By turn 3, your hordkilling goes away. If your Kans are alive and not in combat, somethings wrong. If your buggies aren't dead, the other guy isn't shooting at them, or you are holding them back.

It does other things really, really bad.
-Your movement sucks. Slow army except for the buggies, which are fragile as hell, especially in squadrons. If someone can target your battlewagons with anything, you've got ponderous nobs coming across the field moving like they are in heavy cover. At 2800 points, nearly anyone except for another Ork army is going to have stuff to take out two battlewagons. Battlewagons always should have a death roller or reinforced ram to re-roll terrain tests and minimize the chance of breaking down. And where the hell is the RED PAINT JOB! Quit thinking like a stupid hoomey. Paint it red. Go faster. That extra inch is huge! And put another gun on the battlewagons. Useless once they unload.

10 Nob bikerz have the movement to spread out and get where they need to be, and even hold two objectives at once. Good for multicharging several units. !0 Meganobz will be more clumped up, slow as snails, and not get where they need to be.

-Hold objectives. You have only two scoring units, and they are your major offensive punch as well. They won't be sitting and holding objectives.

-Nothing to Take out Tanks. Not stupid Chimeras. You have looters for that. But you've got nothing to take out the landraider that kills your battlewagons. Landraiders, Lemun Russess, Vindicators, even Predators: all will be tough nuts to crack, since you have to get into HTH combat to kill them. Your army doesn't have mobility, and it can't reach out to kill tanks.

-No psychic protection. Not that orks get any, but be aware that a double lash list will move those two mobs of nobz around the table all day long.

Final Comments: Big Ugly Blunt List. Expensive as %$@@ too, and one I doubt you have a hope of building, unless as a proxy army. You need 9x22.00 in looters. Mega nobz are 17.00 or so? X18 plus the two Warbosses. Just the looters and the nobz mobz will set you back 500 to 600 dollars. Kans at least are relatively cheap now. I assume you have the battlewagons from a previous post. That just leaves 9 buggies. Trading for old ones and conversions would be only 100.00. So assuming you have the battlewagons your looking at another 800.00 for a 2850 army.

2850 is a really odd number. Bigger than 'Ardboyz, small for Apoc, and it sucks as an Apoc Army. Better off using half the money to buy 4 stompers.

Changes to make this worth it:
-Keep Ghaz, dump the other boss, and buy a mek for the KFF.
-Put Red Paint and Deffrollas on the Battlewagons.
-Drop a unit of Meganobz. Buy two 30 strong boyz mobs with shootas, powerclaw nob, and 3 rocket launchers.
-Put rockets on some of the Kanz.
-Drop a few nobz, 9 and ghaz is overkill. Put 20 Sluggas in the other BW, put the mek in with the Nobz. Leave him there when they disembark

Give up the whole cookie cutter repetitive Control C/Control V crap. If your playing orks, take some fun units you can model up nice, and give yourself some varienty. By learning to play different units, you master the army. Trying to play the 9kans/45loota crap doesn't make you good, even if you win a game. Take some lootas, take a deffrolla on a wagon, play around with the buggies, use a lot of boyz. Boyz mobs are an incredible asset to an ork army. Especially at 2850, you need the bodies.
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Wed May 26, 2010 12:59 pm

i like your advice but i refuse to buy nob bikers, so ill get boar boyz and give them klaws Very Happy.
it just makes more sence because bikes are 42$ for 3 bikes when you can now get 5 boar boyz for 25
Back to top Go down
Brent

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Wed May 26, 2010 10:40 pm

bikes are cooler models
Back to top Go down
ecurb12

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Wed May 26, 2010 10:44 pm

i respect your opinion but i adore the new boar boyz
Back to top Go down
mikhaila

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   Thu May 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I think boar boy conversions could easily be as cool as bikes, and the old Snake Bite klan is a good precedent for modeling them that way. Especially cool would be to add metal bitz and gunz to them for the "super cyboar" look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork list that's around 2850   

Back to top Go down

Ork list that's around 2850
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1