Games and Comics and Stuff, LLC
7476 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
It's that time now guys and gals the first club night of the year. The plan is simple we need people to help with terrain. But right now that’s it were doing really good with getting everything done. Not allot of help needed for right now. For this club night were going to be playing for a 25 dollar gift cards.
Here are the club event for January:
1) Kill teams - Infantry edition
Rules are simple
1) Nothing with an armor value.
2) 500 points
3) You can take an HQ no more than 2 wounds he can have a 2+ armor save no higher than a 4+ invuln
4) You must take 2 troop choices
5) No choice that cost more than 250 points.
We will still be using the 3 objectives in the center of the table for scoring. If people are interested we can also keep track of scores for the whole month and award a prize at the end. Like a challenge board but less tiered/organized (just a thought, if we don't get enough regular players (8+) it won't be worth it).
2) Inner Circle Mini-Daemons Round 1
The other competition we're running is going to be sweet. Essentially a Inner Circle Golden Daemon Painting contest.
Every one that wants to participate please let Scooter or Matt at GCS know. This is going to go for the month of January. It will be our first in house painting competition. The prize will be the total of the entry fees we collect in gift card form (minus club admin). We will also be buying a trophy for the person with the best model.
For this competition you can paint whatever size model or unit you would like. There are no separate categories.
1) New model i.e. has not been worked on. Now yes I know that there is no way to know if a person has started their model or not, without collecting receipts. So I'm hoping no one wants to win so bad they resort to cheating.
2) Must be completely finished and turned in by the club night on Feb 9th (though you can drop it off early).
3) Any amount of conversion is acceptable.
4) Any model from any system is acceptable. Warmachine, Flames of War, any model.
5) Entry fee of 5 dollars, paid when you submit your model.
6) Anybody can participate.
Get the word out so people know this is going on, if you're planning on participating let Matt at GCS or Scooter know. If we get enough interest in this it will grow also the more people who do this the bigger the prize is.
Judging for this event will be done the best way I know how. Everyone that paints a model, and all the people that show up on Feb 9th can cast a vote for their favorite model. You cannot vote for yourself.
We will have Matt collecting the entries he will collect your votes and tally them up. Unless he decides to putting a model in to be voted on. In this situation Sara will be the one collecting votes. If GCS allows it or you get your models in early they may even display them to generate more interest in the club, so put forth your best effort.
Remember this it is supposed to be fun so let’s keep it that way. If you have any questions please fill free to ask.
3) Demo Games
There will be at least one person each night with Warmachine to run demo games, everybody should try this game system, it's pretty different from 40k or fantasy and really fun to play, easy to pick up and because it's much more skirmishing, cheaper too. We're also looking for people to demonstrate Flames of War, boardgames (there's already a good group of those guys on Tuesdays) or anything else you're interested in playing. Bring it down and show it off.
4) Terrain building.
Ever want to put together a manor house well do we have the thing for you plenty of them. Or how about making some rocks out of pink board were doing that to maybe you would like to put down defiance lines we can make that happen. The goal is to keep going with all the terrain build build build, and we need help.
1) Nicholas Walters
2) Tim and his Mecha Warboss
3) Mike " Caution"