» fantasy game at Dropzone on saturday
Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am by scooter

Share | 

new way of doing sportmanship scores?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scooter

PostSubject: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:34 am

Alright guys I'm not completely sold on this idea so I wanted to see what you all think.

The jest of it is simple, instead of the players listing their opponents sportsmanship you have the judges do it for you. Ok so I'm walking around in the tournament I see a person grossly and purposely over measuring I deduct a point from him.

Each player has a chance of scoring 5 points in each game. So by over measuring he losses out on 20% of his sportsmanship score for that game huge hit.

Now of course there will be more instances were we would take a point away. Things like Pre measuring, lying about your list, moving models, "forgetting about something" more than once. Legitimate stuff some players do during a game.

Now this doesn’t mean you can't use strategy to win games what I mean is. I ask allot of questions I know the answers to my questions but it throws my opponent off.

The reason I would like to know what you think is Kaleb is going to be using this in his next 2 tournaments and if it's something you all really don't want to try then we won’t.

Remember this is what the inner circle is about running allot of different tournaments and trying things out to see how they work. I'm also looking for different ways of doing sportsmanship if you have an idea please let me know we can talk about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.

Saint Omerville

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am

A fine idea, but will you have enough judges to accomplish this?
Are all infractions worth a 1 point deduction?

-Mike
Back to top Go down
http://saintomerville.blogspot.com
scooter

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am

yes 1 mistack is worth 1 point

TimW

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 am

Sportsmanship is always a tough. I know when I play I almost always just give people the max unless I really feel like I have been cheated purposefully. Forgetting stuff or not fully knowing the rules happens so I tend to not mark people down for that.

This could work but you would need a lot of judges for a tournament to be walking around, plain clothed.

I always think the best way to rate sportsman ship is to have a series of questions after the games that players fill out for their opponents. just 5 simple questions

1) Did you feel your opponent measured everything correctly?
2) Did you have a good time?
3) Did your opponent put up a good fight?
4) Were rules disputes settled in a courteous manner by referring to the rulebook?
5) Would you play this opponent again?

That last question I think is the kicker because it begs the players to really think about it...you might say no, because you didn't like the comp, or maybe the opponent accused you of cheating or whatever. Or maybe your opponent whined too much (like me, Game 1 last saturday).

The questions above aren't thought out well jsut some random ones on the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
scooter

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

This is what I need from you all I like that way of doing things. The problem is for some players they will give there opponent a perfect score cause he is watching them fill out the sheet. While yes there are some of you out there that’s so bull headed you don't care who is watching you. but most people will just Wright down a perfect game cause they don't want to argue.

TimW

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:31 pm

True true...

Maybe it should be on a separate sheet than the other scorings. Because the other guy has to verify battle points and stuff maybe sportsmanship should be on the second page.
Back to top Go down
http://tauofwar.blogspot.com
scooter

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 pm

we can work with it

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new way of doing sportmanship scores?   

Back to top Go down

new way of doing sportmanship scores?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1